Today, Oxford University Press and the Centre for Education and Youth published an important new report on vocabulary across transition from primary to secondary school. To mark the report’s publication, Jessie was involved in a webinar launch.
The report summarises key findings from their survey of over 3500 teachers, as well as research and commentary from the LARA lab, Professor Maggie Snowling, Professor Alice Deignan, Geoff Barton (General Secretary of the Association of School and College Leaders), Malcolm Richards (The Culture Yard CIC Ltd, and educator) and Catherine Boulton (formerly Head of Teacher Development, National Literacy Trust). The report also highlights good practice across a number of schools.
Update: the report launch can be watched in full here:
The launch was expertly chaired by Will Millard (Centre for Education and Youth), with contributions from Jessie and:
- Emma Hardy (Labour MP for Hull West and Hessle and Shadow FE & Universities Minister)
- Claire Jones (Deputy Headteacher, Marine Academy)
- Geoff Barton (General Secretary of the Association of School and College Leaders)
- Helen Prince (CEO, ChatterStars)
- Jane Harley (Oxford University Press)
- Loic Menzies (Centre for Education and Youth).