This is the website for the Morality and Beliefs Lab of Royal Holloway, University of London. We are a group of researchers who investigate questions such as the following:
- How can we explain the formation and maintenance of delusional beliefs?
- Does self-deception help us to deceive others?
- Does religion promote moral behaviour?
- What are the social and psychological functions of guilt?
- How do rituals bind people together into tight-knit groups?
- How are imagined communities (e.g., nations) experienced and maintained in everyday life?
NB: We are working on a meta-analysis that asks, "Can religiosity be manipulated in the lab?" Please click on the "META-ANALYSIS" tab if you think you might be able to help by directing us towards published or unpublished studies.